Wealth Lesson: Bill Gates and Luck
I have a super fun topic for us today.
I want to use this quote as the starting point, a quote by Bill Gates:
“Success is a lousy teacher; it seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.”
So today I want to pull this apart and explain to you why I think it’s 100% true, and what you need to do to adapt if preservation of wealth really matters to you.
- the two common issues investors experience,
- why failure is a lousy teacher,
- acknowledging luck in your successes,
- asking, did you make a mistake or experience the reality of risk, and
- my final warnings on risk, luck & hindsight.
00:00:00 – Intro
00:01:11 – The Two Common Issues Investors Experience
00:04:02 – Failure is a Lousy Teacher
00:06:26 – Acknowledging Luck in Your Successes
00:08:57 – Did you Make a Mistake or Experience the Reality of Risk?
00:12:04 – Salena’s Final Warnings on Risk, Luck & Hindsight
00:13:31 – Outro
Today's episode is going to be fun,...
I am excited to have my good mate...
Today's episode talks about building...
Today I want to talk about risk and...