Is it Possible To Avoid Investment Loss?
It’s really easy to look at other successful investors and believe that they always get it right. Maybe they have some kind of Midas touch or they’re on a winning streak. Today, I want to share with you a few stories on why I don’t think that’s necessarily true, and why trying to avoid loss isn’t actually necessary.
- how loss is the natural consequence of diversification,
- the story of Heinz Berggruen,
- why you can be wrong majority of the time, but still get rich,
- how index funds are not what you think,
- how to play the long game with investments, and
- key takeaway lessons of investing.
00:00:00 – Intro
00:01:14 – Loss is the Natural Consequence of Diversification
00:02:44 – The Story of Heinz Berggruen
00:04:22 – You Can Be Wrong Majority of the Time, But Still Get Rich
00:05:44 – Index Funds Are Not What You Think
00:07:47 – Play the Long Game with Investments
00:09:24 – Key Takeaway Lessons of Investing
00:11:42 – Final Thoughts
00:13:31 – Outro
Welcome to the 107th edition of the...
Welcome to the 106th edition of the...
Welcome to the 105th edition of the...
Welcome to the 104th edition of the...